Travel grants* to attend to the 7th World Palm Symposium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil are now available. Delegates from all countries are eligible. We specially welcome female delegates at early career stages and researchers from low income country to apply.
Applications within the two below categories will be considered:
- Students: graduate and undergraduate students already engaged in palms research or potential students applying for a position in graduate program;
- Researchers: researchers at early career stages (less than 10 years from PhD).
Grants are made to individuals to cover registration, travel (including the ones related with child-care), accommodation and poster printing. The grants are competitive and reviewed by a panel based on merit and relevance. All documentation is mandatory and applications will not be considered if any of the required documents is missing. Decision will be published in the event webpage, with no right to appeal. All grantees are required to make a presentation (poster or talk) in accordance with their career stage.
The following documents are needed for application:
1) Letter of motivation stating (1) why the attendance to the 7th WPS will be professionally relevant and (2) how the requested support will contribute to your participation at the event;
2) Summary CV (Up to 2 pages),
3) Title of poster or talk and an abstract (in English, see here the details)
4) Budget, including all the relevant items and estimated values (e.g. registration, flights, hotel, daily stipends, etc).
5) (Students only) Letter of recommendation from a University professor or research collaborator stating student’s capacity (including English language proficiency if applicable).
Registration and abstract submission should be completed (no payment needed) prior application submission. Click here to complete your registration and abstract submission.
All documentation (including a copy of abstract) should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com (preferable as a single document) by the aplication dealine (12am - midnight, March 2, 2020, GMT-3 - Brasilia time).
*International Palm Society and Montgomery Botanical Center generously sponsor Palms 2020 travel grants (up to 12,000.00 USD total)
TRAVEL GRANT DECISION
|Amanda Freitas Cerqueira|
|Ana Flávia Francisconi|
|Carolina da Silva Carvalho|
|Cibele de Cássia Silva|
|Cíntia Gomes de Freitas|
|Erick Jonathan Lavado Esteban|
|Gerlane Raienni Santos de Souza|
|Heloisa Dantas Brum|
|Javier Carreño Barrera|
|Jonathan A. Morales-Marroquín,|
|Jonathan Campos Rocha|
|Mariano Joly Kpatenon|
|Marilia Souza Lucas|
|Nikita S. Zdravchev|
|Paula Andrea Cepeda Mahecha|
|Suelen Alves Vianna|
|Suzanne Mogue Kamga|